There are multiple reasons why soy candles are quickly becoming the most popular type of candle. For one, more and more people are starting to make greener choices, and buying soy candles instead of paraffin candles is certainly a greener choice.
Not only that, but they also burn better than paraffin wax. There are some reasons for this. Soy wax burns cleaner and cooler. To know more about soy candles, you can also navigate this site.
Soy wax is cleaner
Most of the people who buy soy candles believe that this is the main reason why they are better than paraffin.
Paraffin wax is derived from oil, which causes paraffin wax to produce petro-carbon soot, which contains carcinogenic substances. Soy wax is made from soybean oil, which produces very little soot when burned, and the soot released does not contain carcinogens such as paraffin wax.
If you've ever burned a candle from a paraffin jar, you'll find that by the time the wax reaches the bottom of the jar, the inside of the jar is covered in thick black soot. Burning candles in a ventilated room is important for all types of candles, but especially for paraffin wax. The black dirt you see in the container can get into the walls and even your lungs too.
Soy wax burns cooler
The soy wax used to make candles out of sticks is actually made from a natural blend, usually about 90% (or more) pure soybeans. The remaining 5 to 10% consists of herbal supplements such as vegetable oils, beeswax, or palm oil, which help the ladder maintain its shape. The melting point of these column mixtures typically varies between 130 and 140 F.